-after 14 months

Yandex Money
-after 24 months

QIWI
-after 6 months

ePayments
-after 12 months

Relevance - January 2020

Where can I withdraw money using other people's cards?

The banks are the same as for dollars, with the exception of Citibank (it does not have ATMs with euros). Below are the known limits.

1. Raiffeisen

Issuance of € 300 max

2. Unicredit

Issuance of € 400 max

Cash registers

Many people often do not know about this possible method. Very often, even the operators themselves do not know that they already have such a tariff. Call the senior and tell him-let the operator learn the tariffs of his bank in terms of RKO (settlement and cash services for individuals). Minus — sometimes there is no currency. The second disadvantage is that the operator at the cash desk often squats on your ears and gives you rubles instead of currency (you sort of exchange currency for rubles at the bank's exchange rate).

Nuances of currency withdrawal in the PVN:
1. An identity document is required.
2. You can call the bank in advance and find out if there is a currency, so as not to wander around in vain. (it does not work in all PVNS)
3. For a successful withdrawal, you must first find out from the bank of your card whether advanced cash is allowed on it. Some banks prohibit it. As an example, Paxum or Revolut payment cards will not allow you to withdraw cash from the card in this way.

Acquiring bank - the bank that serves the terminal. Issuing bank - the bank that issued the card.

When conducting a transaction using a bank card number, the acquiring bank assigns the MCC code to the transaction (Merchant Category Code)- a conditional four-digit number assigned to the owners of VISA, MasterCard and American Express checkpoints, respectively, these payment systems have a common list of MCC codes.

This code is used by the card issuing bank to determine the type of transaction. The MCC code is taken into account, for example, when calculating commissions, determining the grace period on a credit card, determining cashback, calculating bonuses, and so on.

There are a large number of mcc codes, the list is available at the link MCC Code Reference .

Last edited by a moderator:

Genevieve

Nov 5, 2013
Bespinovost and contactless, of course, are different things and these terms/concepts should not be confused.
Sergey's concern5 was initially caused by the possibility of non-pin payment for contactless cards as a security hole.

But, as far as I understand, the limit of non-pin payment is set by card payment systems for different countries.
Neither card-issuing banks nor cardholders have any influence on these limits.
But the threshold for non-pin payment can be reduced by the settings of payment terminals.

Is everything correct?

P.S. Brevity, of course, is the sister of talent.
But when a lot of people with a fair amount of experience are groping for answers for a long time, it is probably worth presenting the information/position in more detail.

Raul

Jun 6, 2018
as I understand it, all the fuss is because of this concept. The question was, can the person himself reduce this threshold? it is possible that different terminals have different settings and different thresholds. asked if he could personally set this threshold for your particular card-I understood it this way. if you understand it wrong, do not throw much sneakers ;)

Genevieve

Nov 5, 2013
as I understand it, all the fuss is because of this concept. The question was, can the person himself reduce this threshold? it is possible that different terminals have different settings and different thresholds. asked if he could personally set this threshold for your particular card-I understood it this way. if I got it wrong, don't throw your sneakers too hard ;)

Yes.
2 participants of the discussion asked their banks and received the same answer - at the level of the issuing bank, the limit of non-pin payment to the bank's client cannot be reduced (not regulated).

I know, but just in case, I also clarified. :)
I thought, maybe it's really possible now, and I wanted to remove the limit to zero.

Imho, the question is considered exhaustively.

Luca

Sep 2, 2015
The situation in Ukraine:
The customer also has no influence on contactless pinless (in a bundle) payment. The level may also depend on the terminals, but it also depends on the issuers.
Example: Aval limit without contact and without pin-not marked. The client can't change it. But it is different for different cards (I have 2 cards to my account, co-branded with a "chip" and gold). On gold, PIN request terminals are less frequent and on amounts from 700-800 UAH. wherever... On the second card, the request can pop up already for 200 hryvnia. But not always.
Example 2: Universalbank under the Monobank trademark-the limit on a pinless contactless account is 100 UAH. You can't change it.

Yadiel

Feb 15, 2016
as I understood, it remains only to open an account in a foreign bank, which is not very cheap, well, there is a service from DukasCopy..... need user reviews

Zayd

Sep 16, 2013
Yadiel said:
as I understood, it remains only to open an account in a foreign bank, which is not very cheap, well, there is a service from DukasCopy..... need user reviews
what kind of service, link?

about the account in the zabugorny bank. I once discussed this issue with Rannev. it turned out such a thing - there are not so many allowed operations-10-12 pieces-you can Google it. everything else is forbidden. well, like you think that you opened an account over the hill and got money for it-no. that is, you can do this, but the operation is illegal under the laws of the Russian Federation and a fine of 75-100% of the amount received (previously, as it was - you sold your house abroad - you first need to get the money in Ross bank, and only then to your foreign account. it seems that now it is allowed to accept-immediately to a foreign account money from the sale of property abroad-well, it's all too early to clarify). first you have to get the money to the account in our bank, and only then drive over the hill. that is, to freely drive money to / from brokers with a foreign bank, while being in the Russian Federation, is unlikely to come out (that is, such an operation is not included in these 10-12 allowed, definitely). well, unless you yourself move to a normal country and will not be in the Russian Federation, or you will be less than 183 days a year in the Russian Federation-then it is quite possible - in this case, you do not need to report to the tax service of the Russian Federation at all).

I can't say if there will be a card from a foreign bank, whether it will be possible to top up/withdraw from it.... in general, you can not do without a full-fledged legal advice...