[M15 - D1] Pivot Trading Pro Trading System

Muhammad

Apr 27, 2016
Spoiler alert
The author approached the system, the system approached the author. No better or worse than many other working systems. Without experience, it is definitely not worth trading on it, the method of following his footsteps is unusual (his stop is virtual, about 0.5 % of the depot, as far as I understand), plus you need to know how to trade on PA on small timeframes. And you also need to follow the news, it can be critical. I don't know how long the author traded Forex before he started trading profitably on this system. I think it's been years.
By setting the time of the indicator - I have on Tickmill and ICMarkets it turns out almost like the author if in the last laid out indicator (which is Auto) to change the time to 2, I do not change anything else at all.
Another thing that surprises - how with intensive manual trading with decent money at stake, people post messages on FF all the time and post music...it should be either supertradunami or zvezdunami...
The picture is the author's with FF - so the author traded May...if it's true-then he's very cool, what can I say.

To be honest, I didn't see any method for following the footsteps, and it's strange to put a virtual stop at all, but to trall with real ones. Yes, it is possible, but why, it does not pipsuet? In addition, the May screen does not say that it trades with a loss limit, because there may be unprofitable trades in the averages, it is better to say that they are almost always there, and even the yield curve in principle confirms the presence of averaging unprofitable orders, and not fixed stops. There would be a normal open monitoring, everything would be clear and understandable, but I understand it is not.

For me, these screenshots say everything, in terms of the principles of trading.
Spoiler alert

Just as an example, a picture from the author of the vehicle, old, but I saw a lot of such in the topic. The face is not a distributed position, but the usual averaging with increasing volumes. Went from the level, the price went further. Now, if the author put a short stop here for the next level, the price would go to it, then there would probably be a re-entry from the next level. The author did not put it, poured a bunch of positions, averaged a large volume and guessed. Then he wrote that the price for TDI was confirmed on 78, that's just a screen with H1, and on M15 TDI just a couple of three bars ago was confirmed, as well as possibly the formation of bars, where he entered the first order before averaging. That's the trick. I repeat that not only this screen seemed strange to me. Therefore, for myself, I took this strategy without stops (or yes, with some not weak stops) closer to the grid models that I stopped trading a long time ago.

Spoiler alert

What are these assumptions based on?

Pivots are the same as pulling the fibo and thinking that here 61.8 and here there will be a reversal, as well as 78.6(76.4), and after breaking through the 100-ki, of course, everything points to the continuation of the trend, without five minutes of 1-2-3. It looks like what the author suggests, doesn't it? Looks like. There are a lot of such vehicles and all of them, unfortunately, do not work. Except on the forums for context.

But first of all, it is based on the fact that I did not see the fix from the author.stop. That's it. If he was, and not these 5-10 positions at "one" price, which are not rare for him to close all at once, then we could definitely say about the profitability. Usually, a simple martingale principle is hidden behind a bunch of positions. And the year of its registration and how much it trades do not say anything from the word at all. And the yield chart from the terminal does not show a real drawdown. I naturally do not dissuade trading on this strategy, but short stops clearly will not bring profit, it is enough to analyze all this information, run through the chart.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elson

Customer
Mar 26, 2016
This is my understanding, I reread his words several times on the very first page of the topic, he writes there that he limits the loss of 2-3% from the depot, dividing it into several orders. I still do not understand the moment, it would seem that such a successful trader should have been invited to some bank or somewhere else for a long time and his salary would be more than what he trades on his depot of 70,000, well, or he could sell his signals and get a few thousand dollars a month in addition to his usual 5-7 pieces of green (10% of the depot per month, as he writes).

Jarmo

Jun 5, 2017
Hi! Thank you for your strategy! It suits me. It works very well, especially in the flat market. But I'm missing some allerts. I miss a lot of trading opportunities. Maybe there is some kind of alert that will send me a signal (push notification) when approaching the level? Let's make this one?)

Quincy

Nov 9, 2011
Spoiler alert
Hi! Thank you for your strategy! It suits me. It works very well, especially in the flat market. But I'm missing some allerts. I miss a lot of trading opportunities. Maybe there is some kind of alert that will send me a signal (push notification) when approaching the level? Let's make this one?)

There is already one, and it is also possible to set historical pivot levels.
In ShowHistory, replace "false" with "true".

Guys, please help me, I threw the Pivot_Voty-2 ALERT.ex4 indicator into the indicator folder and rebooted the terminal, but this indicator does not appear in the list of indicators.. What could be the problem? no matter what indicator I throw, it does not appear in the list of indicators after restarting the terminal!!

Christopher

Jun 7, 2017
maybe you throw it in the wrong folder.
To make sure, in the terminal menu File - Open the data directory.
In the window that opens, look for MQL4Indicators.
And it is not necessary to overload the terem:in the Navigator, click RMB and in the context menu Update.

Valdur

May 29, 2017
The topic Pivot Trading EA appeared on the FF, the author posted screenshots of the work of the developed Expert Advisor and finally shared the first version for testing and identifying bugs and making improvements. The history test will not pass, only the demo (do not run on real at all, throw this thought out of your head). The owl is very raw.... testim

Attachments

• screen_shot_2018-06-07_at_2.06.14_pm.png
    screen_shot_2018-06-07_at_2.06.14_pm.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 1
  • pivot_trading_ea_v0.51.zip
    676.9 KB · Views: 1

Quincy

Nov 9, 2011
maybe you throw it in the wrong folder.
To make sure, in the terminal menu File - Open the data directory.
In the window that opens, look for MQL4Indicators.
And it is not necessary to overload the terem:in the Navigator, click RMB and in the context menu Update.

Well, for the mistake in the word of course, thank you and it was funny myself... But what you described has not changed anything all the same in normal mode the indicators are not displayed!!!

Elson

Customer
Mar 26, 2016
Spend 10 minutes, open a demo account in Tickmill or ICY Markets, install their fresh terminal and try the indicators.

If anyone is interested-after installing the expert Advisor, the author also monitors your terminal remotely, as he writes "to track who trades against the advice on a real account".

Muhammad

Apr 27, 2016
If we are talking about the owl from the 30 post of this topic, then the owl, like the indicator, will not be able to make external connections in any way, because the corresponding libraries are not connected, in fact they do not use them at all.

Elson

Customer
Mar 26, 2016
Yes, the library is not there, but to work correctly, you need to allow the terminal to communicate with the author's site.
Add this URL to inclusion list . Also allow web requests (URLs)

Muhammad

Apr 27, 2016
Yes, the library is not there, but to work correctly, you need to allow the terminal to communicate with the author's site.
Add this URL to inclusion list . Also allow web requests (URLs)

In general, the Expert Advisor really tries to transmit the following data from the terminal via WebRequest.
The request looks like this(in [] data):
trader/news/license.php?account=[]&version=[]&date=[]&server=[]&balance=[]&name=[]&leverage=[]&real=0&server=[]&backtest=0

What exactly:
Account number
The name and version of the Expert Advisor
Expert Advisor launch date
Server Name
Balance sheet
Trader's name
Shoulder
Real account or not

The Expert Advisor tries to pass the server parameter twice, apparently, someone was very hasty.

In other words, this data is not necessary for the correct operation of the Expert Advisor.
Well, and then everyone decides for himself how much he trusts such comrades from the forums.

Jalen

Customer
Jan 18, 2014
Pivots are calculated not by opening, but by closing. High of the week + low of the week + closing price / 3 = weekly pivot, and fibo pivots are already calculated from it.
I made some confusion here with my posts, it turns out that the author of the strategy had different levels from others because his broker shifted in time, the author did not immediately notice.
So I apologize if I've confused anyone. It turns out that brokers with a time zone like Alpari or Roboforex (GMT+2 in winter, GMT+3 in summer) in all the pivot indicators laid out above, you do not need to change anything, if the broker candle parameter is true, the indicator will show the correct levels. And if you have a different time.

London

Jun 13, 2017
Those who know English well can help you make a translation, as the author calculates money management:
"STOP LOSS
1 Decide how much each swing is worth example $500
2. Divide $500 into mini lots for multiple entries example .50c a pip gives 1000 pip distance
3. This allows averaging in orders as seen fit irregardless if previous orders are in red
4. Orders are placed as long as reason for trade is still valid
5. If conditions change loss is taken since orders are not placed all at once this allows smaller loss
Swings
Each Swing investment $500 (example yours could be anything)
Swing is taken as loss once -$500 is reached
There are no exceptions.No running red beyond $500
Orders broken down into mini lots that satisfies each swing consist of 10-15 trades
My budget for this is 2-3% of account risk say $500 for example.I then enter trades on mini lots and as long as my 500 is not consumed on DD and I am still confident of my trade I stay on it.I may choose to get out early but most times my SL is predetermined.This allows me to cast a wider net. So my 10mini lots can cover 50pip distance hence capture better RR
There is advantage to trade this way.Should PA go against you and you no longer like the trade you can get out by fraction of lot invested hence your loss is minimal instead of traditional 1 trade 1lot per trade when if wrong loss is substantially higher.
Numbers posted are for examples only"

Ramiro

Jun 18, 2017
Hello! Has anyone tried to test this strategy in SimpleFXtester? The pivot indicator does not recalculate the levels in the new week, but remains with the first one that is being tested.

Gary

Customer
Jun 17, 2017
The author of the review says that you need to trade only to the main Pivot (central ) but on forexfactory, there are many examples of trading from the main Pivot, how so ?

Muhammad

Apr 27, 2016
Pivot is the level of reversal, respectively, if the price bounced from it with confirmation, let's say two bottoms, then why not open to the side for a rebound.

Salvatore

Jun 28, 2012
Greetings! Question, does anyone have an indicator that allows you to quickly open the necessary template on a distributed TF, a certain currency pair? Like some comrades with FF

Gary

Customer
Jun 17, 2017
Pivot is the level of reversal, respectively, if the price bounced from it with confirmation, let's say two bottoms, then why not open to the side for a rebound.

So you need to write it in the header of the topic, because many recruits (including me ) do only what they say in the review .